ORDERING PROCESSServicing Areas:
We ship cakes to all 50 states in the United States. Shipping to some areas of Alaska and Hawaii may take longer. You may wish to check with Federal Express (FedEx) by calling (800) Go FedEx (463-3339) or by visiting fedex.com.
You may order online or via telephone by calling us at (888) 747-CAKE (2253) or (323) 938-2286 for Los Angeles area residents. Local customers are of course welcome to stop by our store, look around and order at the store.
Online orders and phone orders must be paid by credit card. We accept the following types of credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover. We accept cashier’s check or money order for in-store orders only, so long as it is (1) received at least 14 days prior to the pick-up or delivery date, and (2) issued by a bank located within the State of California.
Orders for store pick-up can be placed in person, by phone or online.
Orders for local delivery can be placed in person, by phone or online. Local delivery is available only in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura Counties of California. Call us for a delivery charge quote before you order online.
Our online shopping is currently for the United States and Canada only. We accept phone orders from Canada. Other international orders may be available in the future.
If you order online, the order confirmation will be emailed to you shortly after we have received your order. If you order by phone, you will receive the invoice number over the phone.
Dates you should be aware of before you place your order:
This is either the date of your event or the date you would like to have your cake on hand. If the cake will be delivered to a rural area, or an area in which delay may occur, we recommend that you anticipate such delay by ordering earlier and/or adjusting your method of shipment accordingly. This date is provided to us for informational purposes only.
This is the date you will receive your cake. We do not guarantee the exact arrival time or date. For information on any shipping guarantees provided by the carrier please check with Federal Express (FedEx).
This is the date that we package and ship your cake to you. You must specify the Shipping Date when you place your order. The Arrival Date depends on the shipping method you choose and the Shipping Date. Below is the shipping chart for FedEx Express Shipping:
|Day of Shipment||Overnight*||2Day||Express Saver|
|*There are three different overnight shipments. First overnight typically arrives by 8:30 a.m. Priority Overnight typically arrives by 10:30 a.m. Standard Overnight typically arrives by 3:00 p.m. This applies to most, but not all, U.S. addresses. For more information please visit fedex.com. |
**Additional Saturday delivery charge applies (normally US$15.00).
To view how fast your shipment will arrive at its destination with FedEx Ground, see the map below. You may also click here
and enter “90019”(our ZIP Code) for the “Origin Zip/Postal code”.
Tips to save money:
- FedEx Ground can arrive overnight in most of areas in Southern California. To see if your shipping ZIP code is within these areas, click “View overnight map” on the above link.
- For most Western and Central states, shipping normally takes 2 to 3 business days. For most Eastern states, shipping normally takes 3 to 4 business days. For some Northeast states, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, shipping normally takes 5 business days. To see the transit times for your area, click “View map”. Please note that Saturdays and Sundays are not business days. You should plan accordingly to ensure that your cake arrives on time.
- There are areas where FedEx ground delivery may take more than 5 business days. If your FedEx Ground delivery is expected to take more than 6 business days, we recommend that you select Express Saver, 2Day, overnight, International Economy or International Priority.
- If possible, schedule your shipment so that you receive the cake on a weekday to avoid the additional Saturday delivery charge (normally $15.00).
FedEx Ground Service Map from our location:
|We do not ship cakes on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays, including New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and any other day in which FedEx does not provide shipping service. Should your Shipping Date fall on any of the above days, your cake will be shipped on the following business day that we provide shipping. Shipments during the December holiday season may have earlier cut-off dates. |
- We suggest you place your order at least two weeks in advance.
- We understand that many special events are planned much in advance; we therefore accept orders up to 9 months prior to the anticipated Shipping Date.
- Should you place your order just one day before the Shipping Date, please note the cut-off time (explained in the next section).
- If you would like to place an order after the cut-off time (as explained below), please call us to discuss the possibility of a rush order. An additional rush order charge applies.
The cut-off time is 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST). Any order placed by the cut-off time will be processed through our ordering department on the next business day (the “Processing Day”). Your order will then be scheduled for production and decoration according to the Shipping Date requested by you when you placed your order. The earliest Shipping Date is the following business day after the Processing Day (unless we have accommodated a rush order).
Can I make any changes after I place my order?
After you submit your order, you may make minor changes so long as you contact us at least 2 full business days prior to the Shipping Date by calling or emailing us, subject to any additional fees due to any such changes. Please provide the scheduled Shipping Date and order number when you call or email.
SHIPPING POLICYShipping Methods:
All orders will be shipped by Federal Express (FedEx).
Shipping Service Options:
The available shipping service options for FedEx are First overnight, priority overnight, standard overnight, 2Day, Express Saver and FedEx Ground. Not all shipping service options are available in all areas at all times.
We can only ship to a physical address. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes. We are not responsible for incorrect or incomplete addresses provided to us.
Shortly after the cake is shipped we will email you the shipping confirmation with the tracking number.
Your cake will be packed inside a styrofoam container. Dry ice is used to keep the container cool to ensure freshness (please see below for caution regarding dry ice handling).
|What should you do when you receive your cake?|
- Carefully open the package as soon as you receive it.
- Caution: If the dry ice is not fully evaporated, use a thick paper towel or thick gloves to remove. Do not let your skin come into direct contact with the dry ice. Direct contact with dry ice can cause skin damage through cold burns.
- If you receive your cake before your event or function, immediately put the cake into the refrigerator to keep it cold.
- If you plan on serving the cake more than 3 days after the Arrival Date (e.g., the event is postponed a week later), freeze it and then defrost in the refrigerator 24 hours before the event (defrost time may vary depending on your refrigerator).
We are committed to providing the best products and service to our customers. Much care and attention to detail is given to each cake that comes out of our kitchen. You can rest assured that we have spent numerous hours researching and determining appropriate packaging and shipping techniques that will adequately protect your order as it makes its way to its final destination.
If you are at all dissatisfied with your order, we want to hear from you. Please call us at (888) 747-CAKE (2253) or (323) 938-2286 within 48 hours after you have received your order.